Last updated: 5 p.m. September 3, 2021
Stay up to date with the latest about major housing and construction projects across Santa Cruz County and how to make your voice heard.
Follow the links to learn more about these developments:
- 150 Felker
- This project calls for a 4 story apartment complex with 32 units near the Graham Street exit on Highway 1, off Ocean St.
- 190 West Cliff
- The owner of the Dream Inn plans to build 89 housing units on a parking lot across from the hotel. The project would be four stories, with two levels of underground parking.
- Pacific Front Laurel
- This project calls for 205 market-rate housing units with ground-floor shops. The project takes up the entire downtown block between Pacific Avenue, Front and Laurel streets. The project has six stories plus two levels of underground parking.
- Pacific Station
- This project includes a total of up to 179 affordable units above ground-floor commercial space. The proposal includes a new downtown Pacific Station Metro bus station and medical office space.
- New downtown library, parking garage and housing
- This project calls for a new one-story library, 50 to 107 affordable housing units and a maximum 400-space parking garage at Cedar and Cathcart streets, where the downtown farmers market meets.
- 831 Water St. (Water Street and Branciforte Avenue)
- This proposal calls for a “workforce housing” building and a second “affordable housing” building at the intersection of Water Street and Branciforte Avenue. Each building would be five stories.
- 130 Center St. (across from Depot Park)
- This project calls for a six-story apartment complex with shops at 130 Center St. in Santa Cruz. The lot near Depot Park now has an auto body shop and a Hertz rental car shop.
- Downtown hotel at 324 Front St.
- This six-story project includes 228 rooms. It would replace the Santa Cruz Community Credit Union building and two city-owned parcels.
- 1500 Capitola Road
- The 1500 Capitola Road project near 17th Avenue calls for 57 units of affordable housing. The project will include two clinics: a Dientes Community Dental Care and a Santa Cruz Community Health Center.
- Capitola Mall
- The Capitola Mall project calls for 637 housing units, commercial space and a theater where the Capitola Mall now stands.
- 1482 Freedom Blvd.
- 53 affordable housing units have been approved for construction at Freedom Boulevard and Atkinson Lane.
- The Residence at 558 Main
- 50 apartments will be built at 558 Main St., south of East Fifth Street in Watsonville.
- Bay Village subdivision
- Eight houses and two duplexes will be built on a vacant lot between MacDorsa Park and the Scotts Valley Fire Department on Erba Lane.