As of October 2023, city officials had not received a complete application from the developer for review.
The Santa Cruz City Council approved the start of a potential sale of two publicly-owned parcels to a developer for a proposed high-end hotel. The resolution does not guarantee the land sale. In September 2021, the Santa Cruz Community Credit Union sold its building at 324 Front St. to the developer for $6 million, according to county records.
SCFS Venture, a New York-based company affiliated with New York-based hotel real estate investor Eagle Point Hotel Partners and Santa Cruz-based developer Owen Lawlor of Lawlor Land Use.
- Total rooms: The proposed hotel would have 228 rooms.
- Height: 6 stories.
- Details: The project includes:
- 228 rooms.
- Retail and cafe space on Front Street.
- Meeting rooms and a ballroom.
- A restaurant and bar that opens to the San Lorenzo Riverwalk.
- A gym, spa and rooftop pool.
- The developer would be required to build a public walkway that connects Front Street and the Riverwalk on another city lot just north of the proposed hotel.
A parking lot at Front and Laurel streets is part of a planned hotel project. (Brian Phan — Santa Cruz Local)
How to make your voice heard
Submit comments and questions on the City of Santa Cruz project page for 324 Front St.