Last updated: 5 p.m. July 9, 2021
Project name: 130 Center St.
- Location: On Center Street across from Depot Park.
- Status: Preliminary plans were submitted to the Santa Cruz planning department in February 2021.
- Developer: Swenson Builders
A six-story apartment and retail complex has been proposed for 130 Center St. across from Depot Park. (Swenson Builders)
- Details: This project calls for a six-story apartment complex with shops at 130 Center St. in Santa Cruz. The lot near Depot Park now has an auto body shop and a Hertz rental car shop.
- Affordable units:
- Mixed-use plan includes:
- 233 studios from 295 to 400 square feet.
- 209 parking spaces in an underground and ground-floor garage
- Two ground-floor shops that could sell food
- A roof deck
- Twenty-three units for very-low income households, based on area median income
- Eight units for moderate income households
How to make your voice heard: submit comments and questions on the City of Santa Cruz project application page.
Read about other notable housing and construction projects in Santa Cruz County.