Last updated: Nov. 17, 2022
Project name: 130 Center St.
- Location: On Center Street across from Depot Park.
- Status: The Santa Cruz Planning Commission approved the project in October 2021 and the Santa Cruz City Council approved it in January 2022. A construction start date is pending approval of a building permit application submitted in May 2022.
- Developer: Swenson Builders
A six-story apartment and retail complex has been proposed for 130 Center St. across from Depot Park. (Swenson Builders)
- Details: This project calls for a six-story apartment complex with shops at 130 Center St. in Santa Cruz. The lot near Depot Park now has an auto body shop and a Hertz rental car shop.
- Mixed-use plan includes:
- 233 studios from 295 to 400 square feet.
- 209 parking spaces in an underground and ground-floor garage
- Two ground-floor shops that could sell food
- A roof deck
- Twenty-three units for very-low income households, based on area median income
- Eight units for moderate income households
- Six-story housing complex proposed near Santa Cruz’s Depot Park (March 12, 2021)
- City of Santa Cruz 130 Center St. page
- Housing Santa Cruz County’s 130 Center St. page
How to make your voice heard: submit comments and questions on the City of Santa Cruz project application page.
Read about other notable housing and construction projects in Santa Cruz County.