Townhome renderings for 1960 Maciel Ave. in Live Oak. (Hunt Hale Jones Architects)
Last updated: Feb. 24, 2023
Project name: Maciel Residential Community
- Location: 1960 Maciel Ave., Live Oak
- Project Summary: The project calls for 21 detached single-family townhomes at 1960 Maciel Ave. in Live Oak.
- Would require demolition of current residence.
- The units would be 1,600 square feet to 2,300 square feet and owner occupied.
- Three affordable units would be for residents with “moderate incomes” based on state-determined income limits, said Jonathan Disalvo, a senior planner at the County of Santa Cruz.
- Status: A development application has been submitted to county planners. The developer is not allowed to build until sewer projects in the area are complete. The sewer projects are expected to finish in the first half of 2024, said Santa Cruz County Supervisor Manu Koenig.
- Developer: Jeff Taylor, Maciel Development LP
The 1900 block of Maciel Avenue in Live Oak is slated for townhomes. (Tyler Maldonado—Santa Cruz Local)
A site plan for 1960 Maciel Ave. shows 21 homes. (Hunt Hale Jones Architects)
Home designs are shown in a plan set for 1960 Maciel Ave., Live Oak (Hunt Hale Jones Architects)