Last updated: 5 p.m. September 3, 2021
Project name: 1482 Freedom Boulevard
- Location: Freedom Boulevard and Atkinson Lane in Watsonville
- Status: Approved by Watsonville City Council in February 2021
- Developer: Eden Housing
An artist’s rendering of a 53-unit apartment complex and play area at 1482 Freedom Blvd., Watsonville. (Eden Housing)
- Affordable units: All 53 units would be affordable.
- Rent could range from $580 to $1,240 for a one-bedroom, developer representatives said. All units would be affordable for people with “very low incomes.” That means there would be four units for households who make 25% or less of area median income, 13 units at 30% area median income, 19 units at 40% and 16 units at 50%. One unit would be for the manager.
- Height: The complex would include two three-story buildings on 1.8 acres with 53 rental apartments with 26 two-bedrooms and a mix of one-bedroom and three-bedroom units.
- Details: The complex will not have balconies or patios. It is expected to have children’s play areas, barbecues, outdoor common areas, a community room, computer classroom, a dedicated Santa Cruz Metro bus stop and a parking area covered by solar panels.
- Six of the apartments would be set aside for adults with developmental disabilities.
How to make your voice heard: Submit comments and questions to Eden Housing, [email protected]
Read about other notable housing and construction projects in Santa Cruz County.