Last updated: 2 p.m February 15, 2022
Project name: 324 Front Street: Cruz Hotel
- Location: Front and Laurel streets downtown. Part of the property is now a city parking lot.
- Status: Santa Cruz City Council approved the start of a potential sale of two publicly-owned parcels to a developer for a proposed high-end hotel.
- The resolution does not guarantee the land sale.
- Also, the project relies on the sale of the Santa Cruz Community Credit Union building at 324 Front St. to the developer. As of July 8, the developer had a contract with the credit union to buy the building, but the sale was not final. A group of mostly credit union members oppose the sale and have requested a special meeting of the credit union board to discuss the sale.
- Developer: SCFS Venture, a New York-based company affiliated with New York-based hotel real estate investor Eagle Point Hotel Partners and Santa Cruz-based developer Owen Lawlor of Lawlor Land Use.
A six-story hotel is proposed for 324 Front St. in downtown Santa Cruz. (BCV Architecture + Interiors)
- Details: This project calls for a six-story hotel building at 324 Front St. The hotel project includes:
- 228 rooms
- Retail and cafe space on Front Street
- Meeting rooms and a ballroom
- A restaurant and bar that opens to the San Lorenzo Riverwalk
- A gym, spa and rooftop pool
- The developer would be required to build a public walkway that connects Front Street and the Riverwalk on another city lot just north of the proposed hotel.
How to make your voice heard: submit comments and questions on the City of Santa Cruz project application page.
Read about other notable housing and construction projects in Santa Cruz County.