Last updated: 2 p.m February 15, 2022
Project name: The Residence at 558 Main
- Location: 558 Main St., south of E. Fifth Street, across from Ramos Furniture in downtown Watsonville
- Status: Approved by Watsonville City Council in February 2021. Construction could start 2021 and finish in 2023. The developer is accepting deposits and reservations from interested tenants.
- Developer: Pacific Coast Development
An artist’s rendering and details of a housing proposal at 558 Main St., Watsonville. (City of Watsonville)
- Total housing units: 50 apartments: 15 studios, 29 one-bedroom and six two-bedroom units. Market-rate units would start at $1,725 per month for studios, according to the developer’s website.
- Affordable units: Ten of the 50 units will be affordable, based on percentages of area median income.
- Height: Four stories
- Details: The project also will include a high-ceilinged restaurant space on the ground floor and a street-level parking garage in the rear.
How to make your voice heard: Submit comments and questions to Pacific Coast Development, 831-724-7504.
Read about other notable housing and construction projects in Santa Cruz County.