Fred Keeley, Scott Newsome and Renee Golder led their Santa Cruz City Council races in results posted Friday, Nov. 11. (Kara Meyberg Guzman — Santa Cruz Local file)
SANTA CRUZ >> Fred Keeley, Scott Newsome and Renee Golder led their Santa Cruz City Council races, according to early election results posted by the Santa Cruz County clerk this week.
Results are expected to be updated in the next several weeks before the election is certified in early December.
Prior to the Nov. 8 election, Santa Cruz Local interviewed and surveyed 140 City of Santa Cruz residents about what issues they wanted the candidates to address.
Voters’ top priorities were:
- A need for affordable housing development.
- A desire for solutions to homelessness.
Here is where the top vote getters stand on the issues, based on our interviews with the candidates.
Fred Keeley, candidate for Santa Cruz Mayor
Read Santa Cruz Local’s Election Guide on the Santa Cruz City Council to learn about:
- Council members’ roles and responsibilities.
- The new district boundaries and format for council elections.
- Candidates’ profiles and voting records.