Polls closed 8 p.m. Nov. 8. Read Santa Cruz Local’s election results page for the Nov. 8, 2022 election.
Welcome to Santa Cruz Local’s guide to the Nov. 8 election.
- This guide provides nonpartisan information about candidates and local ballot measures.
- Santa Cruz Local does not endorse candidates or take positions on ballot measures. Read our ethics statement.
How this guide was made
In other newsrooms, reporters and editors decide the questions for candidates without necessarily consulting voters or residents. Since 2020, Santa Cruz Local has put the power in residents’ hands.
- This year, Santa Cruz Local visited public places around Santa Cruz County and asked hundreds of residents about their top concerns and questions for the candidates. We also conducted an online survey.
- Residents’ feedback informed the questions we asked candidates and helped guide our elections reporting.
Find information about local races below.
- Santa Cruz City Council
- Watsonville City Council
- Scotts Valley City Council
- Capitola City Council
- District 3 Santa Cruz County Supervisor (most of Santa Cruz, Davenport and the North Coast)
- District 4 Santa Cruz County Supervisor (most of Watsonville and the Pajaro Valley)
- Live Oak School District Governing Board
- Pajaro Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees
- Santa Cruz City Schools Board of Education
- Santa Cruz County Board of Education
- Scotts Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees
- Soquel Union Elementary School District Board of Trustees
Santa Cruz County ballot measures
Frequently asked questions about voting and ballots
Santa Cruz Local’s news is free. We believe that high-quality local news is crucial to democracy. We depend on locals like you to make a meaningful contribution so everyone can access our news. Learn about membership.